Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Bleepin' Hot

Texas in the summer is a special kind of hot.  I was in my husband's minivan over the 4th weekend and it was 108deg F.  Its been over 100deg everyday except one for the last two weeks.

<108deg F

So you probably are asking yourself, why in the heck would anyone want to live here for Pete's sake? I guess because we never see a negative sign in front of that temperature gauge.  we rarely see single digits either.  In fact, the lowest I remember is around 15deg F.  I don't own a winter coat.  I just wear sweaters and sweat shirts in the winter.

Usually I stay inside when its this bad but today, I have to go interview for a job.  My company is going away after over 100 years in business.  I've been told my job ends August 31. No more working from home as it were. So I'm dressed in work clothes and have on my make up.  It will be 102deg when I step outside....I can't wait. /sigh

No comments:

Post a Comment