Thursday, August 4, 2011

Transitional Period

August is my month to prepare for another transition, job-wise, that is.  I've been on a strict diet and have lost 13 pounds already.  This is so I can get back into "work" clothes since I really can't afford to buy new ones. 

I've also been trying to finish up my open projects, clean out junky drawers, work on CPE (continuing professional education credits) to maintain my CPA license, etc.  I still need to clean out my closet, yuk.
So I had 10 projects open.  I completed one and frogged two.  That should be my new mantra:  Knit one, Frog two.  So here is the one successful project, my Affliction Ford racing socks. "If everything was more like NASCAR, everything would be more awesome..."

  
These go well with my husbands DeWalt Ford Racing socks which are "DeWalt" yellow and black.  We put them on on Sunday's and watch NASCAR racing.  We cheer for Matt Kenseth (#17).  I'm sure we look crazy in shorts and socks.  Especially since it is 108F outside with no relief in sight:

I had to frog my lace shawlette.  I was so disappointed.  I made a critical error and just couldn't recover from it. The yarn got all snagged and gnarly.  So I'll start another with more experience next time. The sad part is, I really hadn't started the lace pattern part yet.  I was still working on the stockinette part.  If I had used the "lifeline" method I learned on the scarf, this would all be worry-free. 



The other item that I frogged was a panel sweater.  Years ago I bought a knitting machine and I thought I'd play around with it.  I put cotton yarn on it and made several panels and then put the panels together.  Its is so shapeless and droopy.  Not really worth the effort.  I think I wasted more yarn than I used.





On the non-knitting side, I made myself four really nice project bags from Fern patterned Batiks:


These turned out really great and they keep the cat from snagging the yarn while I work.  Happy Knitting to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment