Sunday, January 22, 2012

Back on Track

So I did finally finish something and get back on my list.  So far so good!  Knitters repentance, I guess. Here is the finished comfort shawl.  I'd planned to drape this around me when I'm chilly, like on Saturday mornings when its cold.  Except it was 74F on Friday and well, I may not get much use out of this thing.  But its pretty and it is my colors.

Comfort Shawl:

I made another pair of Mitts.  My stepmom called after Christmas and ordered two pairs (like I'm some kind of online store, lol).  She said, "I need a pair that matches my hat....and a pair I can smoke in."  So, OK, here is a pair for her to wear outside to smoke in. The ones to match the hat next month, I think, if I don't get ahead of myself which I am wont to do!!!


Lastly, I tried felting, which to my surprise went remarkably well.  I guess i didn't realize how easy it is to felt something.  I did follow the instructions and if you've read any of my posts I am not necessarily a "reader" of instructions.  I'd say I am more of a"viewer" of instructions.  If it has nice, instructive pictures then I'm all set!


Before felting:
 After felting:

Strangely enough, they take a whole lotta yarn!!!!  But I'll have to make more since I have more needles to store.  Also, I think I need to make it a tad taller.

A friend of mine said I should add the pattern links to my posts.  So if you'll notice above, I've linked to my Ravelry page.  So if there is a pattern that I've purchased, bought, borrowed, or drawn upon, it will take you there.  If I've come up with it myself or heavily modified it, I usually will put this in the notes or if not, just ask, I'll share with you what I've done.

2 comments:

  1. Your shawl seems very cozy and I love your mitts! Felting is so much fun isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Dona. the other day I was clicking my posts to read and I thought I had clicked yours. I saw five pairs of mittens and I thought, "wow, Dona has been so busy!!" but then I realized it was the Yarn Harlot. Maybe mention to your friends you were mistaken for the Yarn Harlot!!!

    LKW

    ReplyDelete