Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Diagonal Baby Blanket: One Down...

The first project from January completed in February is the Diagonal Baby Blanket.  I often asked myself why I was finishing it since I had originally started it for a friend having a baby who changed the colors.  I am no longer planning to give her this.  Still, I felt compelled to get it done.  I was also looking forward to adding some interesting edging suggested by one of my Ravelry compadres.




The yarn is Stitch Nation Bamboo Ewe.  Main color is Beach Glass, edging color is Eucalyptus.  Turned out very nice I think. Size US 8 /5 mm circulars. 

Pattern for the Diagonal Comfort Blanket from Lion Brand:
http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/81024AD.html?noImages=0

The added edging adapted from:

It took a while to figure out Havanaise’s crocheted edging. Here is what I did: In each garter row, a slip st and 3 chains. I tried a SC but it was too heavy, the slip stitch is lighter, less bulky. Slip St, Ch3 twice in the corners.

No comments:

Post a Comment