Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Amazing Amazon

You know, I really love Amazon.com.  Anything I want they have it.  I forget that pretty often though.  So I'll type what I want on the Google search line and I muss and fuss my way around the internet.  There are some truly lousy, pitiful online stores out there.  But then I thinks, "hey, try Amazon!" Low and behold (as they said in Olde Ainglish and the KJV), its there on Amazon, where they know me, they can get to my money with one click, I have a "pay-phrase", my stuff often comes within a day or two with free shipping.  Its like they see me coming and prepare the bait and hook. 


So I've purchased movies, books, yarn, shoes, electronics, food, a yarn ball winder just to name a few things from Amazon. Did you know you can buy spinning wheels from Amazon? I recently ordered and extra large pom-pom maker from Amazon that I couldn't get at any local craft store.  How about that? The only thing they didn't have that I really needed to them to have was Caron-Spa yarn in Purple Rain.

Here is the amazing new yarn ball winder from Amazon (excuse the stuff in the background, "what is all that stuff?", I'll tell you later):


 All open gears, looks dangerous and its kinda loud.


The winding part spins around, gotta watch the hair and what-not (not that I have any what-nots):

It makes pretty nice yarn balls too.  My old one was good but this one is really fast and easy.  I had to hold the yarn with the old one to get a good tension.  This will make larger balls than the old one also.  Well, there is definitely no plastic to break.  The only plastic is the cone and its pretty thick at that.

I still haven't received my pom-pom maker....

No comments:

Post a Comment