Friday, May 13, 2011

The Whole Molly

Ever since I saw the Molly Weasley sweater, I have wanted it:

I don't know why.  Its obviously meant to be a mass of left over yarn crocheted violently into sleeves that were meant to be used to dust with or something... 

I looked around on the Internet and found various patterns none of which I think captures the true essence of this thing.  I heard about a book, Charmed Knits-projects for fans of Harry potter that contains a pattern.  I ordered the book and the pattern is, um, not what I expected.  So I think I will, like many others, embark on my own cheap copy of this incredibly ridiculous sweater.

If I really cared about end results, the question would be:  will I wear it out in public or just use it to dust my house?  I think I'll just make it to make it...as (nearly) always.  I have the first few rows worked out of the shoulder. The body is definitely knitted.


I really won't be starting an all out assualt on this yet.  Its just a dream I have and I think of often and ponder...



No comments:

Post a Comment