Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The Girl Who Knitted a Dragon Nest

I haven't been knitting much.  I've been reading like a fiend!!!  The Stieg Larsson books:  The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, The Girl Who Played With Fire, and The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's  Nest. Really great books. I see why they are sweeping the world.  I've even been watching the trilogy in movies in Swedish; the American version is not out yet. Apparently there is also a French version. These books are not for feint of heart though.  Serious crime and violence; the reality is very harsh.


However, I didn't say that I'd not been knitting at all.  I finally have decided to try a project from my Mastering Color Knitting book by Melissa Leapman.  I started the stranded hat.  So far so good but I haven't actually done anything yet to say that I'm actually doing stranded knitting. So far all I've done is added the background color.



The Girl Who Knitted a Dragon Nest-Here's my story:

My knitting/crocheting/blah-blah is a big mess.  I have knitted a dragon nest in my sew room and I still want to start more projects.



Plus my husband and I are renovating "the shop" into living quarters for my mother.  So far he's hung a new door on the back but hasn't gotten to the "finishing" work yet. Then whilst working out there, we discover that the A/C unit is not working so the A/C guys had to be called and you know they don't show up until they see $100 hit their accounts.

Additional plus, we just got a new dishwasher since the old one just slopped dirty water onto the dishes instead of washing them. we've had to wash by hand which I find to be very inconvenient.

Plus more, we bought a new mailbox because the old leaks and is rusty and we've all caught a fingernail on the rusted metal.

And, last but certainly not least, as an anniversary gift, we had shaded window screens added to the east and south windows of the house.  Wow, it is cooler in here.  Poor guy who installed them did it on our first 100 degree day (that's Fahrenheit). He didn't come until around 2:00 in the afternoon.  He looked wilted when he was done.  I can actually see my computer screen in the bright mornings now.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment