Monday, June 13, 2011

Mastering Color Knitting

From last week I had started the stranded cap from Mastering Color Knitting. I think the first thing to master is reading the instructions.  I am incapable of really reading instructions like a normal person.  I read the pictures, I skim the basics and get started.  So I read through the instructions (again, I use the word "read" loosely). And started up the hat.  It went great, I kind of got into a rhythm and it all came off fine...until I put the thing on.  Its Gi-normous. wow, it comes down to my nose.  So I pick up the instructions and "read" some more.  I realize I've used the wrong needles.  Arrrrggghhhhh. 

It did turn out pretty though:




Lol. So there you have it, my first stranded knitting project albeit completely too big. Oh, and my color selection stank too.

1 comment:

  1. At least, your stitches are very smooth and even! I have the book too, and I'm planning to practice color knitting soon!

    ReplyDelete