Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The Birthday Knits

This Saturday is my mom's birthday.  I've been knitting like a mad woman (more mad than usual). On many occasions my mother has said she likes this or she likes that.  It was tricky to decide what all I could do for the birthday. 

Here is the short list:
  • Hooded scarf
  • Necklace
  • Slippers
  • Sassy Scarflette
  • Mousy
So the hooded scarf is done and I think it turned out pretty good since I adapted a crochet pattern for knitting:



The necklace is nice and she picked out the beads for it.  Also I made a matching bracelet:



The slippers are crocheted, an adaptation of a Mon Petit Violon pattern:



The second edition of the Sassy Scarflette in gray tones:



I received the yarn for the mousey...it came in time.  Now to get it knitted in time...



Also, my mom's best friend has a birthday on Sunday so I want to make her some things as well.  I'm still thinking about her list.  One of the things I thought might be great is the strawberry bookmark I saw on Dona Knits web site from ravelry.

Should I give her the sassy scarflette I made last week or something else....hmmmm. Another necklace...?

On another note, it seems our little kitty (who is now enormous) is really not a girl.  So I'm calling him Mr. Kitty, not a very original name but I am at a loss...he's "Sassy" to me.


 

1 comment:

  1. You are knitting so fast!!!! I particularly love the slippers and the sassy scarf! And you will surely have lot of fun knitting the mousie! I should knit one myself! It's so cute!

    ReplyDelete