Friday, September 9, 2011

Weekender

I have been dividing my days between looking for work, working at home and, of course, knitting.  So far the knitting is going better than anything else.  I've managed to keep the faith and remain calm.  I know that I'll look back on this time and find that it was a  good for me.  I haven't gotten so much done.  I've been busier than a one armed paper hanger as my grampa used to say.  Although I guess that's considered an insensitive thing to say these days even if it is just metaphorically speaking.

The banner needs lettering next, this was a lot of work.  I never liked to think of myself as being anything like my grandmother but I think in this case, I am channeling her like crazy.  "oh sure, no problem," says I. My gramma says her head nods "yes" and never shakes a "no" when it come to making items for the church.



The Weekender Cardigan is going well, I had to add a longer cable (which you can't see in this picture because I've left it rolled up).  I like it but I still think my stranding is uneven.



My son wanted a troll "action figure" and I ordered it for him from Amazon.com.  It came in 7 pieces, was all metal and unpainted.  I asked him if he wanted me to send it back and he said no, that he was expecting it to come this way because it was a model.  "Oh," says I, "you are going to assemble and paint this little thing yourself?"  "Of course." Says he.  Right.  OK, I've finished the troll, he is pretty cute:



Yesterday, I bought a pattern from the Ravelry.com site, called Insouciant.  It is a really cute tee knitted in silk. But really I can't start any new projects, can I?  I mean really...really?

I would also like to add as an aside that my husband has also been channeling.  In his case its Julia Child.  He made her recipe for Beef Bourguignon (from Mastering the Art of French Cooking) last night for supper.  All I can say is "wow!"

No comments:

Post a Comment