Friday, September 16, 2011

Yarn Addiction--Just About

I haven't been sleeping well until last night.  I actually had REM sleep and two dreams.  Normally I don't dream or don't remember them anyway but these were exciting.  The first one involved 3 peculiar ants in a planter just outside my "yarn room."  They were about 1 to 1.5" (2.5-4.0 mm) long, stood up on their back legs and were knitted with the tiniest yarn I've ever seen.

The second dream involved a pair of socks that I'd apparently made the night before. I woke up (in the dream) and had a pair of knee-socks that I'd knitted in one night.  The right sock was twice as big as the left. When I actually woke up this morning and realized those were all dreams, all I could think was, "Love that sock yarn, where can get some?" Duh, Lori, that wasn't real. That sock yarn doesn't exist.../sigh. 

The funny thing is for several hours this morning I've pondered how on earth I could make a pair of socks in one night and how on earth can get some of that non-existent yarn.  I notice that buying yarn that one doesn't really need or have a project for is just part of the knitter's persona but I seem to think about it just about all the time.  I have planned today around going to Dallas to buy some slubby yarn that I saw at the yarn store there a few weeks ago.  Let me remind you (or tell you if you're new) that I am not working, I shouldn't be buying anything non-essential.  Normally, my fastidious and frugal self would kick in and place a control marker on the behavior and straighten me out.  Since the yarny in me keeps rising to the surface I can only conclude that I have a serious case of yarn addiction!

I said I would stop when my wall bins were full, I didn't.  So I decided to go around the room and find all the hiding places that reveal the yarn problem...

 <==The main stash and public presentation 
  













<==There is always a few yarn balls here and there about the house













Then there's the stuff that doesn't get all used up in the knitting process but can't be thrown away...I may need it sometime to, um...something...==>









<==This is the main "bucket" that I am currently working from as I need additional balls and if I open the drawer on that little dresser there's a few hidden in there...

What's in here? All the Sock Yarn in those pretty decorator boxes? ==>

 These are the projects I am currently working on less one or two ==>





 <==This little stash was just bought last week and is hiding behind my work chair and I look at it all the time just to make sure its still there. its right in front of the closet.








If we peek in the closet, hmmm, what's this?
Hmm, a good sized bucket of pretties hiding beside the sewing machines...


Open a little further and some more there, hiding behind some quilt tops that need to be quilted...


Just when you think there isn't anymore...I discover my Nashua Handknits yarn hidden under some fabric under my work table.  Aha! There you are...


Sadly, there are two more smaller bins with cotton yarn and yarn I had before I started knitting.  I think that accounts for it all. Well what can I say, I think I have proved to myself that I love yarn at least as much as knitting itself. 


No comments:

Post a Comment