Friday, January 11, 2013

Auld Lang Whine

I have been madly reworking my yarn room, commonly known at my house as "the Pit."  I make my kids clean up their rooms so they thought I should clean up mine.  What is it with kids today?  They act like they have minds of their own or something.  When I was a kid, I would never have told my mother what she should do even if she was wrong!  Oh, well, they were right and my room needed a refresh.

So I've been reorganizing and preparing my knitting new year's resolutions.  The "Auld Lang Whine" as I like to call it.  I realized I've put at least (there may be other lurking in hidden places) 22 projects on the needles that are yet to be completed. I am now in the process of prioritizing them. My goal is to either complete these or frog them.  Just make a decision and go with it.  That's list one.

List two will be to assess the yarn that is designated for a project and write those down, prioritize and set them aside until I finish at least 3 from list one before starting a list two project.  You might say, "Lori, that's just crazy."  Well, I've never been accused of being a bastion of mental health. 

There may be a third list of non-designated items.  This would be an arduous task even for someone who doesn't have ADD.  That list is a kind of "pie in the sky" list. But I am a dreamer and I love to dream about all the possibilities I could have with all that non-designated yarn... /snap.

Ignore me while I argue amongst myselves:
      Left brain: "Don't worry about it..."
      Right brain: "Chump!"

I crack me up sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment