Thursday, January 17, 2013

Pain in the Neck

So I was not able to knit for 4 days.  I had a serious pain in the neck...a pinched nerve. Ouch. It has been miserable, I couldn't read, I couldn't knit, I couldn't enjoy my usual comforts like my bed.  I've been sleeping in a recliner now for 5 days.  I am on an anti-inflammatory but still can't lay down in my bed at night.  I did knit for about an hour last night.  That was nice.

I am in my planning stages for my auld lang whine.  I am working on my lists of stuff to knit up this year.  At Christmas, my youngest niece was not opening the gift I gave her and her comment was that she'd just see what everyone else got because they all got the same thing in different colors.  So needless to say, she will never, ever get what the other girls get ever, ever, ever again.  Maybe that was her plan. So with that in mind, I can knit just about 33% more for the other girls.  I am good with that!

Also, to my wonderful amazement, my oldest niece is having a baby next year. I can concentrate on knitting for the new "girl" (or boy) instead of the cranky teen aged girl. And, even more wonderful, my husband has a niece that is due for a baby about the same time this year.  Jeepers, I better get to knittin'. To top that off, both of these babies to be have daddies that are going to Iraq in February. So my nieces will become moms without their husbands there to be with them.  That is a bummer to say the least.

I have also renewed my desire to knit for charity.  I have so much excess yarn I could make hats and mitts and scarves and whatevers...but again, I have visions of all the work I can do while I sit here with my pain in the neck!

As I mentioned in my last little bloggity-blah-blah-blah, I have 22 items on the needles that require attention. I have in fact listed them and prioritized them by percentage of doneness. I would prefer percentage of funness but well, I just like to knit.  Maybe I can get some pictures on here so that all this boring chit-chat will be less annoying (to me) and more enjoyable (for you).

I am back! almost...



No comments:

Post a Comment