Wednesday, October 26, 2011

First Mitten

So this is my first mitten.  I am not sure why I waited so long to try this.  Its been a breeze really.  I wasn't going to write about the mitten until I'd actually completed it but I think this is substantially complete.  Just 5 or 6 more rows and the bind off/weave in ends. I bet the hardest part is making the second one.

While knitting this I practiced not looking at the knitting.  I figured its like typing.  So sometimes I did pretty good and sometimes I just had to look.  I am surprised at how easily I picked it up.  Not that I'm great at it but with some practice....




This mitten (and hopefully its identical twin) will match the beret I made last month.




I also realize that I haven't written about the ice pack pouches yet.  I had frogged a sweater that was aweful but saved the pieces because they were fairly rectangular.  Earlier in the summer I had made a friend some wash clothes and she commented that they were perfect for wrapping an ice pack in (when here daughter had the wisdom teeth taken out) and so super soft, except they needed to be enclosed on the ends.  So if any of that makes sense, this is what I did for her:  Made two ice pack pouches out the sleeves of the frogged sweater. Yipes, I don't know that I understand it either.



Another Item that I finished is the "Kisses" hat.  I initially made this for my step-grand-daughter but I am rethinking this.  I may give it to my little cousin who is 7.  I'll have to work that part out.




So that's it for now.  I really need to focus on my outstanding projects.  Some of them I am no longer interested in.  I think as soon as put an item on a list meant for completion it becomes a "not gonna do it" project.  /sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment