Friday, October 28, 2011

In the Gray Zone

I am in a strange place.  I call it the gray zone. This occurs when the various aspects of my life start to change and move without my permission. So I'm waiting for a final job interview next Tuesday where I have to fly to Chicago.  it involves leaving at 5:30 AM and arriving home around 10:30 PM.  I'll be on a plane, meeting 7 or more new people and then flying home.  I feel like I can't look at other job opportunities because I'm so thinking about this one. At least I don't have to change time zones. 

I'm also at odds with my housework.  When my house is out of order, I feel out of order.  I have been out of work for two months and have only cleaned out the "yarn room" closet which, granted, was a huge task.  I feel...uh...discombobulated (yes, that's a real word). When the Texas Rangers decided to mess up not just one, but two opportunities to clench the World Series of Baseball last night, I had to jump up and DUST for goodness sakes!!!!

I am even off in my knitting.  I made those mittens for no one in particular.  I spent the afternoon yesterday with my mother and ended up with another thing to make for her. And then for no reason whatsoever, I started a swatch of a pattern I saw online. I purchased some gray variegated wool to match her Sassy Scarf that I made her for her birthday in order to make some fingerless gloves that she would like to have.  I also purchased some hat wool for my niece and nephew.  He's in the army so I thought a soldier's black watch-cap would be good and then hers is a soft black and grayish white with some antique buttons to go with his hat. 

So here it is, the gray zone in yesterday's yarn purchase, visual proof. 

No comments:

Post a Comment