Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Knit Therapy

I am finding that knitting soothes the soul even more now than when I began almost a year and a half ago.  I had to sit on a plane for two and a half hours to Chicago and two and a half hours back to Dallas yesterday.  I was cramped, my legs ached and by the end of it I was thoroughly exhausted.  But I continued to knit, cast on another, knit, cast on another and knit.  I had a very productive 18 hour day.  I hope in the end that the job I went to Chicago to interview for is going to be offered to me.  I guess we'll see.  I know there was another candidate.

So I began the trip with the crown of the Black Angel hat already cast on and started. When I finished it, I cast on a Mille Colori hat to match the scarf I'd made out of the same yarn. Finally, I cast on another Black Angel which is 75% done. 

Also, this weekend I finished a couple other things:  The Soldier's Watchcap and my mom's Fingerless Mitts.  Ordinarily I would not have gotten these two done but I committed an injury to myself which put me on bedrest for two days.  Yes, I'm an idiot.  If I'd had shoes on like a normal person the injury would have been slight or non-existent.  I was putting some shoes into nice boxes and then stepping up on the step stool to put them on the shelf and I was barefooted at the time.  I didn't "center" my foot on the stool and flipped off of it while attempting to step up.  So I sprained my big toe and cracked a nice bruise to my shin.  We put ice on it but a friend of mine said to just go to the ER and have it looked at.  Not broken (good), severly sprained (not so good). Must keep it elevated above the heart and iced down for 48 hours.  So and hence my good knitting fortune.

So the gray pile now looks like this (with a little Mille Colori added in):












This is a good thing.  Still so much to do.

1 comment:

  1. Poor you.... Get well soon! Hope you'll get that job!
    Your knitting is lovely by the way :)

    ReplyDelete