Thursday, November 3, 2011

The Mitt Marathon

In my Christmas list are five pairs of fingerless mitts.  I had such a success with the gray striped ones for my mom that I've decided that the nieces (4) and my daughter are getting a pair for Christmas.  This number may jump to seven: one for my sister and I wouldn't mind having a pair for myself.  I noticed another Ravelry sister had added an additional little charm to the Montgomery mitt:  She added the beginning section pattern again at the wrist.  I am also thinking that on the mitts for my nieces, I'll even add a little fun fur in the wrist section.

So what I've decided to do is have a mitt marathon:  7 mitts in 7 days.  Can it be done?  Let's face it, if you've known me for more than a day you know my attention span is not substantially greater than a second grader. Frankly, I am betting against me.  It would involve starting Thursday, November 3 (which is today) and completing by Wednesday, November 9. Gee, I also need to hem four pairs of pants in there somewhere...yes, I'm short.

First to collect the items:



Then to make a schedule:


GifteeYarn ColorYarn typePattern VariationDue Date
LexiPink CamoBamboo & InfatuationNoneThursday
LaurenDeep BlueAcrylic & Fun Fur (wrist only)add the eyelet at the wristFriday
MeganPurple VariAcrylic & Fun Fur (wrist only)add the eyelet at the wristSaturday
ElleHot PinkAcrylic & Fun Fur (wrist only)add the eyelet at the wristSaturday
KellyRed BlackRed Angel with black fur at wristadd the eyelet at the wristMonday
SissyRed BlackRed Angel with black fur at wristadd the eyelet at the wristTuesday
Me BurgundySomething with no labelNoneWednesday


Next, to stick to the schedule (eep)!

On Another note, I've added a new blog to follow (see the list to the left).  Its called The Lovely Crow.  If you like crochet (especially for children) then check her out.  She has some really beautiful patterns.  I am so excited about some little baby Christmas Mary Janes. I plan to make a pair for my friend's daughter (the one I made the baby surprise sweater for) but not until the mitt marathon is over.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment