Wednesday, November 9, 2011

There's No Knitting in NASCAR!...

...at least that's what my husband said to me on Sunday.  The whole family went to Texas Motor Speedway to see the AAA 500.  It was the best fun!  I had such a wonderful time but, of course, I did knit, right there, in the stands. I had planned to have many wonderful pictures but my camera batteries failed at the critical moment.  I was bummed.  This is all I got, the cars lined up in the pit area prior to the race start:

And today is the end of the Mitt Marathon.  I did knit with ferocity but alas, I have only completed four of the five mandatory (with two additions that didn't happen either). So I guess that's not too bad.  Really all I did was bite off more than I could chew and I made a the error of thinking that adding that fur was a good idea.  It wasn't so I had to pull out two mitts that were half done.  I think If I had not done that, I'd have the 5 mitts today.  So here they are, I love them, they are so comfortable and each one is a little different just like my nieces.


No comments:

Post a Comment