Thursday, November 17, 2011

Back to Work

Tomorrow morning I start my new job.  I have to get up especially early and leave the house by 6 AM in order to get through the Dallas "Mix-Master" by 7 AM.  Seems crazy to have to drive so far to and through so much traffic after this past year of working from home. I am a little nervous. 

Also, the woodworking shop out back is now being furiously renovated by a cornucopia of plumbers, concrete guys, AC/Heating guys, etc.  We also have the guy who sprays (green) chemicals around to kill the 5 million or so crickets that we get every year.  The cat kills 400-500  crickets but the this guy gets the rest.  The shop will become my mother's new residence once finished.  So they are building the bath, kitchen, and a closet for the hot water heater and washer/dryer.  Its amazing how we went from zero to massive change in just a day.  Everything is upside-down.

So this past week has been a little crazy.  Not too crazy to knit though.  I've added many new things to the Christmas pile.  Lets see....

 OK this one is mine.  Its actually a long scarf but I wrapped around the neck twice to get this nice woolly, fuzzy, cowl-like thing.  I call it the Sherpa Scarf and its really cozy! Also, its crocheted.  I chained 67 and then SC into 6th Ch from the end, Chain 6, SC into next st, repeat down the initial chain.  Turn and then going down the other side of the initial chain, repeat the Chain 6, SC into next stitch. With this yarn I could only do the two sides of the chain.  The original pattern required going up and down the initial chain 3 times.  I guess with thinner yarn that's the idea.  I used a "Q" hook.
 These mitts match the hat I made my sister and therefore, these are for her. I still haven't worked out the scarf to go with the hat and mitts.  The yarn is very slick even though it looks pretty fuzzy.  Very bamboo-like.  So hmmmmm.
 This hat is really special.  The picture doesn't do it any justice (probably because my photographer skills are non-existent).  I also found this really cool antique button to put on the side. Looks like old-time costume jewelry. I made this for my step-mom.  She is the nicest person.  I miss her more than my dad.  I need to come up with a matching scarf for this as well. I've interviewed 6 patterns but haven't come up with anything.  Time is running short...
Again, these are mine.  I've made 6 pairs of fingerless mitts and I have really been wanting a pair for myself.  So these match the Sherpa scarf above and I'm working on a matching hat now.  Its the Sherpa yarn and the Patons classic wool together.  I think it will be pretty cute too.

No comments:

Post a Comment